Development of > 1GWp of Photovoltaic parks
- > 750MWp ground mounted in Greece (production certif. & environmental approval) period 2020-2023.
- > 20 MWp PV ground mounted in Greece (production Certificate, environmental approval, binding connection terms) period of 2007-2015.
- > 5 MWp PV roof-top in Greece (production Certificate, environmental approval, binding connection terms) period of 2007-2013.
Projects of > 550MWp Transaction Management
- > 500MWp PV ground mounted period in Greece 2020-2023.
- 50MWp ground mounted in Greece period of 2007-2013.
- 20MWp Debt Financing in Greece period 2007-2013.
- 15MWp Equity fund raising 2 mio euro in Greece period of 2007-2013.
- 12 years of experience in PV asset management; tax, legal and technical monitoring.
The team leader
Panos Balezos is the Managing Partner of Upturn. He is in the renewables market, since 2007. He has a good grasp of the renewables business model, while he has a deep knowledge of almost all aspects of licencing development, project management, project financing and asset management. He has field experience in the development, operation and management of PV parks in EMEA and Greece for the last 15 years. In 2022 he has started a venture for licencing development in UK.
Panos brings 20+ years of experience as C-level executive in leading Technology, Telecommunications and Financial Services organizations such as SONY, Deutsche Telecom, Greek National Telecommunication Company (OTE), InterAmerican Insurance and National Bank of Greece. He has an excellent track record in leading commercial operations, while he has led major transformation initiatives. He has been engaged in robotic process automation (RPA) solutions development, working with a global team of expert professionals. He has led the design and delivery of RPA solutions for commercial functions in the sectors of TMT, Insurance and Banking.
Panos holds a Master’s degree in Organizational Analysis from Lancaster University, UK and a Bachelor’s degree from Law School, Athens University.